Do you ever have one of those weeks where your hands move instinctively to your head just to make sure that your brain is still attached? And you wake up counting the hours until you can get back into your bed? And your best daydreams involve singing Oasis in your bathtub with just a bottle of gin for company? Yeah. That’s this week.
When life gets full, my brain shuts down. One of the first things to go is any ability to write anything remotely entertaining. That, and sometimes I forget to put pants on. So here’s a scattered list of what’s going on in my brain and (as always) let’s do this prison style- bring on the bullets!
1. I went to Vegas. Here (finally!) is some proof:
I do realize that I’m showing only one photo. And it’s not even that great, but I like to pretend that I’m a bit mysterious and this was one of my favourite shots from the wax museum. Because really, who doesn’t need at least ONE photo of them giving Ben poker tips?
2. The new favourite word in my classroom: PENIS. Penis-talk, all the time. It’s like, Sex and the City except completely different.
3. 3 days until Shakespeare humiliation. And as always, can I just say that your comments/emails made my day? I love that so many of you thought the way to go was hipflask with vodka (so there is no smell). I’m not sure if I can drink straight vodka. I’m not sure I’m not going to try to do it though. Fingers crossed I survive this nightmare honor.
4. If you get pulled over for going 71km in a 60km zone, never offer the policeman a donut. Even if your car is FILLED with 200 mini ones. Even if you are serious, because your mother taught you to be polite and offer visitors (to your home or car) a refreshment. The officer will give you THE LOOK. And THE LOOK? Is not a good one.
5. Five things that would improve my life right now: a new blog design, an unlimited supply of this nail polish (it’s “red sea pearl” in the dazzling shimmers column), world peace, Josh Lyman at my home in a toga abd MORE CRYSTAL LIGHT!
Oh! New book review here.
Have a good day universe.