I know. That title is such a hook. You are dying to read this aren’t you? The word ‘meme’ always gets the people flocking.
Let me tell you a little story. There’s that “letter” meme going around (that isn’t the story, stay with me, I promise this tale gets SCINTILLATING), Beth gave Matt the letter “D”. Then, I complained to Matt that I had nothing interesting to blog about (yes, these are the things I say in gchat conversations, doesn’t it make you want to find me so we can talk RIGHT NOW?), so Matt gave ME his letter. Because he’s selfless like that. So in short, I’m doing the meme that Matt was assigned from Beth. Follow? Geez. Word to the wise? Never type anything more complicated than your first name when you are hungover. Also? Never drink vodka, then whiskey, then apple pie shots. In fact? Never drink. Ever. That’s todays tip. Oh wait!
1. Drunk- “Drunk” would be in the top five of words I loath. I’m not sure what it is, maybe because it’s always followed by a phrase like ‘girl showing her boobs‘ or ‘driver who crashed into a tree‘, but ‘drunk’ never sounds like a good word to be. I prefer ‘spirited’. Or even ‘inebriated’. Or at the very worst ‘stage five yeller, complete with unnecessary urge to dry hump inappropriate objects‘. But never ‘drunk’. Never.
2. Dungy, Tony- As in the greatest football coach ever. Considering I’m quite new to the football scene (can I call it a ‘scene’, is that the right term?) I know I might have missed a lot of people when granting Dungy title of ‘best coach ever’, but I don’t mean just on the field, I’ve read a lot about his charity work and he seems very humble and very committed to making a difference in his community. In short, he is the kind of person my resume tries to make me look like I am.
3. Dogs- I know I will get heat for this but I would always chose to own a dog over a cat. I feel like cats require you to earn their love and that’s too much work. I love animals that just love me immediately. It feeds my ego. (Cat people, can we still be friends?)
4. Douchebaggery (thanks Renee)- Let me give you some tips: If you are popping multiple collars on the multiple polos you are wearing, while demanding bottle service and making lewd comments about girls who are standing close enough to hear you, you might be exhibiting signs of douchebaggery. Not to be confused with debauchery… though I guess there could be some links.
5. Dancing- I love dancing. Especially (prepared to be filled with shock and awe) country dancing. And, AND? I’m pretty good at it. Last night I took pity on a 19 year old boy and taught him to dance. I want to say I was fueled by the feeling of being kind to another or even fueled by alcohol but I suspect I was fueled mostly by the constant adoration this grasshopper bestowed on me. Example sentence : “Wow, this is amazing. No, YOU are amazing. Can we dance to the next song too? You are so good and patient, this is the best Valentine’s Day ever!” And my response “Hush grasshopper, hush“. In my defense though, I DID endure him stepping on my feet through Keith Urban’s entire musical catalogue and I’ve given him enough tools that he can dance without looking like a robot having a seizure. I declare a victory for everyone.
6. Dread- Tomorrow is Monday. Enough said.
7. Dinosaurs!- Remember last year when I had a different resolution each month? One of the few I actually accomplished was the month were I picked a topic to learn about (in that case Shakespeare). I decided this year to dedicate each month to learning about a different topic. February has been all about pyramids (and stem cell research, but that’s a whole other tangent) and it’s been fascinating. Next month? Dinosaurs. Because I’m always looking for ways to regress into a 11 year old boy (this is the excuse I give myself when I spend an entire afternoon reading Calvin and Hobbes while drinking milk straight from the carton).
8. Drew Barrymore- People seem to either love her or hate her. I fall into the love category. I used to find her as irritating as soap in the eye, but her quirky, adorkable-ness has sort of grown on me. Plus, E.T is awesome.
9. drama- An outlet that used to be a huge part of my life. I took theatre in school, then later went on to work at a childrens theatre, and even later got to teach a semester of Intro to Acting to college kids. Now the only drama I’m involved in is watching MTV reality shows. Lame.
10. Donalds, Mc- Okay I’m cheating. But really? My life situation would dramatically improve if someone brought me french fries. Immediately. With honey. Did I gross you out with that? Does anyone else like honey with their french fries? No? Just me then? I’m okay with that. I’m also apparently okay with cheating on a meme and answering my own questions. I need a nap. And french fries.