You know, I’m not oblivious. I feel it too. This little blog of mine has been rocking the title LAME for a while now. I have to search my archives with a miners hat to find a post that I’ve written that I’ve actually felt proud to have published. But, it is what it is and I refuse to feel bad about this little writers slump that is slowly choking the life out of me.
I’m kidding. Kind of.
The thing is, life is happening. Just nothing that warrants full explanations, detailed elaborations or 500 words. Here are the top 5 Things Going On That Do Not Deserve Further Explanation
1. I got my haircut and my neck hurts from all the glamorous hair flips I’ve been doing today. My hair is about 984 different shades of awesome.
2. My hairdresser prides herself on her vast celebrity knowledge and every time I see her, it’s like we have a show down to see who can throw out the most obscure fact related to someone who don’t actually know. Today she won when she casually mentioned that Tom Selleck had to get new bowling shoes made so he could bowl in Aaron Spellings house because Aaron didn’t have any shoes big enough for him. I can’t tell what is more shameful, that I was disappointed that I didn’t know this fact or that I admired that she did.
3. This website has saved me from a few breakdowns. Anytime I feel like my life is on the edge of completely disintergrating into a pile of self doubt, heartache and/or unfulfilled childhood dreams (I still want to be DJ Tanner, mostly for the window seat in her room), I check out the site and feel better. Because as long my father doesn’t walk in while I’m having sex, my life is golden.
4. I WON my March Madness basketball pool. As in, I got first place. As in, I sent obnoxious text messages to all the losers. As in, my over the top gloating has insured that I’m the most annoying person ever when it comes to college basketball and has alienated me from those I hold closest to my heart.
5. The Hills String cheese The return of the maxi dress Twitter is ruining my life.
See what I mean? Stuff is going on but I’m not chasing kids down halls and no one is trashing my hair. Some might think this is a good thing, but when there’s no drama man does the blog suffer. And in small ways, this breaks my heart.
Thankfully I have pretty hair to pull me through.