So last week I went on a little ‘vacation‘. I use that word loosely because to me, vacations conjure up images of slushy drinks, tropical locales and steamy, late night samba sessions with dark haired men. I went with my mom to visit my grandfather. See? The word ‘vacation’ seems wrong. Especially when I compare it to past summer vacations. With all of that said however, it was still a ridiculously fun time and minus getting carsick on the way home (because I’m apparently 8 years old) and an unfortunate half a mile walk in the mud without shoes- it was amazing.
1. Me and the worlds largest perogy. Look closely and you can see the top of my head. My head is wearing a hat because I was not feeling well and I knew the perogy had a dress code of ‘where whatever the hell you want, we are in the middle of nowhere’.
2. Me and a girl whose mom is friends with my mom. Oh yes, it was one of those vacations. The kind where parents get together and are friends so then all the kids must be friends. Thankfully this girl was really nice. I’ve included this photo because a) who doesn’t want a ‘oh watch me lick the cone, ohhh baby‘ photo taken by their mom and b) this photo shows off my Hobbit status. Notice I am STANDING ON A FREAKING BOULDER just so I am in the same photo.
3. My brother and I. We talked for the first time since May. And then we did shots of tequila. Or five. And then we took this photo. I swear we are both cooler than this photo makes us look.
4. The worlds most perfect strawberry. I would have taken more photos of it but it needed to find a home in my belly.
1. A tower in the middle of nowhere. I liked it and told my mom it would be perfect for when I act out the Taylor Swift “Love Story” video. Then she asked me if I had been drinking. (Seriously, she asked. Which she sometimes does when I say things she doesn’t understand but really? At this point I had been in a vehicle with her for 5 hours, did she think I packed a mickey and was taking swigs when she wasn’t looking? Oh, I just had a glorious idea for next year….)
2. Clearly I make awesome shoe choices.
3. Roughly 1.3 seconds before this photo was taken I dropped the F bomb, which is why my g-pop is looking at me shocked and I have the ‘Fuck! Now I have lost my favourite grandchild status because I swear like a fucking sailor‘ look. Also please note my g-pop wears suspenders. The only way he could be cuter would be if he was a baby panda bear wearing suspenders.
4. What happens when I get bored in Wal-mart. I take pictures of my myself. And my gum. Not enough people take photos of their gum.
Tell me readers, what did you do on your summer vacation?