Hey guess what?
It’s definitely time for a new topic. In fact, I can’t think of a time where a new topic was MORE NEEDED. But the thing is, any time I sat down to whip up something new, my brain melted into a puddle. And not even an engaging or mildly entertaining puddle but more into a gross, sticky, gooey, I’M UNHAPPY WITH THE WORLD sort of puddle.
I got over it.
And got my brain back.
Over a year ago, I wrote a LOVE LIST of things I adored and you know, this seemed like a perfect activity to do today. So here are a few more things I love and I encourage people to add their own ideas in comments. Because who doesn’t like sharing some love?
- Chocolate covered peanuts. I mean, I HATE chocolate on it’s own, but give it to me with peanuts? And I would eat a truckload of them. And then ask you to come over and rub my belly. (I know. Sexy).
- The cashier at the drugstore who ignored my messy hair and told me she loved my eyes. (I promise, it was way less creepy than I just made it sound). Also on this note? I love it when people compliment you on the things you have no control over, such as eyes, or height or love of boy bands.
- Harry Potter and people who may not love Harry Potter but love people who do. (Also in this category? People who plan trips to the still in development Harry Potter amusement park for 2010).
- Kiptyn. If you don’t know who he is, that’s okay. We can still be friends.
- My new blackberry. I KNOW. Iphone people…. I’m sorry. Truly. I wanted to be on board but… I’m old school. I need buttons. And apparently a tutor to teach me how to work my phone. #ifeelold. (Anyone else now using hashtags in conversations and on blogs? No? Just me? Okay. See? This is why I need to limit my twitter time. Also, I first wrote ‘titter time’ and laughed hysterically. I’m a 14 year old boy.)
- The reminder that football season is starting soon. Yahoo! (Oh! And on a related note? Guess who is WINNING her baseball pool that she’s in with six dudes and one other girl? That’s right. ME. Joe Mauer? Let’s get married and have beautiful children.)
- A message from this girl referencing donuts that made me laugh when I needed to. And thoughtful conversations or emails or messages with all of these lovely people who reminded me of how utterly fantastic blogging can be. And everyone else I missed, you know I adore you too.
- Shaken iced tea lemonade. Made with the passion tea. For the first time in my life, my Starbucks drink order is longer than three syllables and I couldn’t be happier.
- “Firefly Lane” by Kristin Hannah. I just started reading this book and am really in love with it. I just finished reading about how the world is going to self destruct over energy sources, so a book about friends and love and boys? A perfect distraction to read so I stop fretting about how many polar bears drowned because I used a nightlight for waaaaaay too long growing up.
- Realizing that I can make someone nervous. In the best possible way. Le sigh.
So? What are you loving right now? Spill the beans. The week is half over, it’s summertime and I’m ready to hear some good stuff.