Oh hi blog!
When summer vacation started, my summer plans list looked something like this:
1. get up at 7am everyday
2. learn a new language (preferably something useful like Mandarin)
3. blog a few times a week
4. go for a morning run
5. become a domestic goddess worthy of her own show on TLC.
6. PREPARE FOR HARRY POTTER WORLD!
Summer vacation is half over and so far this is what my list has morphed into:
1. get up before noon-ish (Like that ‘-ish’? I don’t like putting serious limits on myself. My body reacts badly to boundaries)
2. master English (so I don’t say things like ‘why come?’ and ‘interstanding’ and think those words/phrases make sense)
3. remember I have a blog
4. try not to break a sweat while eating popsicles outside
5. wear shirts without stains when meeting friends for patio drinks.
6. PREPARE FOR HARRY POTTER WORLD!
I know. Life is hard. 11 days until I enter the MAGICAL WORLD OF POTTER. I’m excited to take pictures and get a new wand have fun with my friends.
I thought I would use this post to highlight a few really awesome things going around the internet. Because unlike STD’s, love is good to spread.
1. The lovely Amy got the job of her dreams. As someone who spent MANY BLOG POSTS fretting about the lack of a job, I cheered like a fan at the World Cup when I saw that Amy landed a gig that made her so happy. Her excitement is absolutely charming and it couldn’t have happened to a better person!
2. The gorgeous Kyla Roma joined an awesome team and is now designing blogs/websites. Anyone who has spent 2.3 seconds at Kyla’s site knows she has a talent for making pretty things prettier, so this news made my day! On behalf of the internet, I thank you for the steps you are taking to make it a more beautiful place!
3. FreeandFlawed is having a hard week. On the plus side, she’s got the most gorgeous flowers OF ALL TIME, but it sounds like this week has been on to make a girl crazy. So if you have a spare second, head over there and give her a bottle of vodka some kind words. Chelsea has been through a difficult time and yet she continues to radiate gratitude and positive energy and methinks that if the rest of us were half as strong as she is right now, we would give up watching reality television and hold ‘who can lift the most trucks with just our arms’ competitions for fun. My hope for both of you lovelies is that tomorrow is better than today, and the next day is even better than the day before. You both deserve it.
4. Erin and Jess are both expecting! After following Erin’s journey trying to get pregnant, I have no shame that I cried and did multiple fist pumps when I found out. Getting to see how funny and wise these ladies are through their blogs makes me fully confident that each of them will handle motherhood with grace. Visit their sites and squeal reading all about baby prep.
5. Lastly, have you heard of someone called LivitLuvit? No? Doesn’t ring a bell? Didn’t think it would. PLEASE NOTE MY SARCASM, BECAUSE THIS CHICK IS TAKING OVER THE INTERNET. And? I couldn’t be happier. She’s in the running to become MTV’s first TJ (twitter jockey for those of you not wise to the hip) and she’s currently in the lead. Go here to learn more, or follow her on twitter (@livitluvit) to join in the fun as she battles to take over the twitterworld (Kutcher, watch your back). And if you STILL need a reason to take 2.3 seconds to vote for her? Just remember that this is the same girl who organized THIS:
And anyone who can do this? Well, in my books they can do anything. Vote for her. And? If you have the resources, donate here to keep the www.loveharder.org movement going. And let’s keep the trend of good things happening to good people going.
Have a good Thursday universe!