This is one of my favourite posts to go back and reread. It reminds me that people are hilarious and twitter is more than just a place to document what you ate for lunch and watch a celebrity meltdown in real time. So obviously since I’m on a blogging streak (meaning I’ve blogged twice THIS YEAR ALREADY), I had to do it again. This one is much longer because you guys continue to become more hilarious and thoughtful and brilliant.
1.”I’ve done lots of awful things in my life but I can keep my head high knowing I’ve never tweeted …READ MORE
1. I don’t drink smoothies. I mean, I WANT to drink them. Every person I know raves about them on the daily. But let’s face it. I’m lazy as hell. And smoothies involve peeling and chopping and slicing and giving a fuck. Smoothies are like, french braids or completed crosswords done in pen. You want to show off that you’ve completed it but there’s a level of effort involved that no one wants to talk about. I slice a lemon into my naglene and think I’m channeling Eric Ripert.
2. I skipped the Grammy Awards because I don’t need another …READ MORE
I went through a phase in my early teens when I was obsessed with jury selection (I mean, who DIDN’T have that phase?) and read every book possible on the topic. This was after the OJ Simpson case and I was convinced that the right jury would have REALIZED WHAT EVERYONE ELSE ALREADY KNEW. I became an expert on how to spot liars, identify psychopaths and establish who wants to wants to chop off your head and use it as a soup bowl so I was convinced I would be up for online dating.
I mean, isn’t that what it …READ MORE
I know the best people on the internet. These are my favourite tweets of the entire year. Drumroll please……
- “Can’t walk when I’m this angry.”- @HonestToddler
- “You’re just a feeling.”- @PreschoolGems
- “After Cinderella’s carriage turned back into a pumpkin, it was turned into 10,000 pumpkin spice lattes so everyone was fuckin’ thrilled.” – @AngryBFlay
- “I’m learning to drop my fear of being earnest. We’ve been taught to mock earnestness, but it’s truly a lovely thing.”- @schmutzie
” ‘Razbliuto’ is a Russian word to describe that empty feeling you have for someone you once loved, …READ MORE
1. I love the above image and the message it gives. Because seriously, who hasn’t been there? The second the choice is given to someone else, or you know a coin- you gain the clarity you need to realize what you wanted all along. High-five, Universe. And yes, that’s as deep as I’m going to get on Sunday morning.
2. Stomach bug + vacation time = FINALLY WATCHING “ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT”. I KNOW. I KNOW. It’s like, someone just introduced me to what humor is. I just finished the first season and am alternating between thinking I …READ MORE
Today I gave my grade 4 class a writing assignment. They were to write a persuasive letter to anyone- on any topic. Some of my students wrote to their parents wanting an increase in allowance, some wrote to the school principal- begging for school to be extended (yes, I have THOSE students). But one student wrote to me. He didn’t write the most articulate letter, nor did he ace the spelling, but it made me smile like a lottery winner, so I thought I would share it with you.
Dear best teacher.
I am writing to you to tell you …READ MORE
Hello internet! So, it’s the last day of 2009, and I thought I’d lighten the mood.
A few weeks ago, the ‘hot awesome dude’ (aka: H.A.D) decided he wanted to share with the internet things I taught him in 2009. I was overjoyed with this idea. Of cooourse I wanted a list that showcased how life changing and awesome I am. Instead, he decided that he should cull allll the ridiculous things I said in 2009 and make them into a little list for him to re-read and giggle over like a school girl asked to prom. (He’s going to …READ MORE
There are moments where I feel like I really am teaching. Surprisingly, they don’t happen often. Between the morning routines, the review, the paint spills, recess time, field trips, class presentations, if I catch a single glimpse of a child experiencing an ‘ah-ha!’ learning moment in a day, I feel lucky.
I got up this morning to teach one of my favorite groups of kids. A grade two class of eighteen very unique students who often make me laugh out loud. It was the block before lunch when one of my favorites came up to me and in a very …READ MORE
Everyone has them. The movie you must see, the song you must hear, the book you must read, the city you must visit. When I talk about my ‘musts’ I’m almost fanatical, my feelings are so strong on each of them. My list of ‘musts’ don’t necessarily mean they are my favorite. They are just what has stood out, became memorable and left me with something that I think others might find valuable. So, I give you a few of my ‘musts’, and hope that you will tell me a few of yours
Must read book: The Confederacy of Dunces …READ MORE