I know I’m not alone in feeling like Life is heavy these days.
I keep trying to find positives, to talk myself up into a good mood- then I feel regretful, as though by marvelling at the deliciousness of french toast or singing to a good song on the radio, I’m not showing enough reverence and respect to how the world currently stands.
To what has happened.
Which then makes me feel guiltier than before.
It’s a vicious cycle of feeling low, then building up to a good mood then feeling guilty about the good mood. Eventually I crawl into …READ MORE
There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.
* I’m not kidding. People have also emailed me before asking if: – Canada “celebrates Christmas” – If people really lived in igloos – How it felt to live in a country not involved in a war – Who our President is – If I get lonely (presumably because only 10 people live here. And we all wear plaid, drink beer and play hockey. Sigh, this is not true people, only in my dream world does such a country exist).
For those of you who dislike Canada (and sadly my twitter stream has had a few rather, unpleasant declarations- …READ MORE
I know. I knoooooooooow. We are only 12 days into the new year and already I’m going to bust my enlightened self all on your ass. But you know, I’ve had entire years where the total learning experiences has culminated in learning: 1. The darker the liquor the more likely you are going to want to stab yourself the next morning 2. When your stack of jeans is almost taller of you, it’s time to stop buying 3. Using your student loan to buy jeans will result in you wanting to stab yourself for 5 years after you graduate.
All …READ MORE
I knew a guy once who had the annoying habit of cracking his knuckles before sleep. It drove me INSANE. Nothing is more unsettling than drifting off and being awakened by a large CRACK!, followed by nine more CRACKS! . (Well, of course there are things more unsettling than this but it really does make my top five- sandwiched in between being woken up by someone staring at you and finding out that your ex-boyfriend used to masturbate to your grade 9 graduation photo. Bullet? Dodged.).
So, I did what any girl who loves sleep more than she should- I …READ MORE
You may be election obsessed if….
1. Not only do you know who Chuck Todd is, you are starting to find him strangely attractive.
2. You know why Colorado, Virgina and Nevada are suddenly more important than Florida and Ohio.
3. You refer to surrogates by only their first name and act annoyed if people don’t know who you are talking about.
4. Tom Brokaw is the narrator of all your dreams.
5. The number 270 means one thing to you and it’s not your high score in Scrabble.
6. You get emails from Joe Biden, tweets from (fake) Sarah …READ MORE
There are certain days in a persons life when I feel it’s imperative to say what you want- what you NEED to say despite the fact that you know everyone around you may not want to hear it. (My brother calls this “day” EVERYDAY). I call this day, today.
I’m tired of people who email me telling me I’m going to hell based on my political views. I’m tired of the notion that a mere mortal feels they hold the keys to my pass into heaven- and more specifically, feels like I would ever want to hear that they don’t …READ MORE
As I write this, there’s still not a 100% confirmation on whether there is going to be a debate tomorrow. My fingers are crossed that there will be one. Not only do I have a drinking game for the event, but I am genuinely curious to what both candidates have to say about the current state of the world and what they thought of last nights episode of Grey’s Anatomy. With that said, I present the:
It’s like they’re…mmmagic 2008 Presidential Debate Drinking Game
1. Drink anytime John McCain says the phrase “my friends… ” . I suggest shotgunning …READ MORE
(From Sizzle, who got it from E.b)