There are moments when I know what I want to say but really struggle for the right words. You would laugh if you saw me- mumbling to myself as I drive to work, as I fold laundry, as I lay in bed. I envision it would be easier to rip out my heart and put it on my screen, but besides the fact that it would be insanely messy- I don’t think it would be enough. And so, in these moments I turn to the one device a blogger can use when she feels like she has a lot to …READ MORE
You may be election obsessed if….
1. Not only do you know who Chuck Todd is, you are starting to find him strangely attractive.
2. You know why Colorado, Virgina and Nevada are suddenly more important than Florida and Ohio.
3. You refer to surrogates by only their first name and act annoyed if people don’t know who you are talking about.
4. Tom Brokaw is the narrator of all your dreams.
5. The number 270 means one thing to you and it’s not your high score in Scrabble.
6. You get emails from Joe Biden, tweets from (fake) Sarah …READ MORE
Between the Olympics and the Democratic National Convention my nerves are shot. I went from cheering for Jamaican runners to standing on my couch clapping for Ted Kennedy. My eyes are red, my heart is racing and I’m starting to think that it might not be my liver hurting me, but an ulcer.
Here are some recent thoughts…
1. J asked what I thought about Joe Biden. I like him. I like any candidate who has a life story that could be made into a Lifetime television event,- and he has it. Plus, he married a teacher. And I got …READ MORE
I’ve been blogging a lot lately and was going to spend today eating popsicles and writing tweets declaring my love for the book “Then we Came to the End” by Joshua Ferris (in a word- genius), but I’m feeling ranty so you get another post. Hurrah!
pisses me off. A lot. If you haven’t been following along, this is the new cover of The New Yorker magazine. It’s Obama dressed up like a Muslim, Michelle is a terrorist, there’s a burning American flag in the fireplace and a picture of Bin Laden looks on as the mighty couple …READ MORE
We had a spelling contest last week in my class and when the winner was picked, the runner up gave the boy who won a high five and yelled out a big, sincere “way to go!”.
Hillary Clinton could learn things from my class.
And that’s the nicest thing I have to say about it.
(And if this post wasn’t enough of a confirmation, let me assure you- the CNN addiction is back in full swing. Wolf Blitzer, will you be my boo?)
Because I think I was the only one who hadn’t done it.. Tied together with a smile and kristen both tagged me for the 6 meme.
The rules are:
* Link to the person who tagged you. * Post the rules on your blog. * Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. * Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. * Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
Here are mine: 1. My dating and relationship mantra can be summed up by one of …READ MORE
I never wanted to be that blogger who has a google reader number that’s closer to a thousand than zero, but here I am.
I never wanted to be the daughter who would avoid her fathers calls, but here I am.
I never wanted to be a teacher who uses stickers as bribes when she’s at the end of her rope and thinking of tying a noose, but here I am.
I never wanted to be the person who started off every sentence ” I’m so exhausted I can’t…”, but here I am.
I never wanted to be person who …READ MORE
There are words that I’ve heard used to describe me that have been less than flattering. I’m bossy. I’m loud. I’m over emotional and can be dismissive. Obsessive and oblivious. I can be ridiculous.
This weekend I was labeled a hypocrite.
By one of my very *best friends.
And she was right.
Anyone who knows me at all knows that I do love American politics. My sweetest dreams are the stuff of primaries and caucuses. CNN has replaced Gofugyourself, as my first read of the morning. Wolf Blitzer reading off exit polls is as soothing as a cup of peppermint …READ MORE