One of the best reasons to have a blog (other than the free swag- I’m STILL WAITING FOR GAP TO START THROWING PARTIES FOR CANADIAN BLOGGERS- I’M JUST SAYING), is that it’s easy to see what you were doing one week ago, or one month ago or one year ago. You can simply just click in the archives and you will find your past feelings and thoughts and anecdotes perfectly preserved. You can hit a particular month and find out what was breaking your heart, how drunk you got on cheap wine at your friends party, what social causes were …READ MORE
1. I don’t need to spend a Saturday night hanging out with people who saw me during my “Mondetta Sweatshirt = Formal Wear” phase.
2. I still haven’t gotten over the fact that in the sixth grade my arch enemy told people I bought boys deodorant.
3. Umm… reunions are for catching up with people and finding out what they are doing with their lives. That’s what Facebook is for now. And I don’t have to make small talk while stalking. Win!
4. I saw my tenth grade crush the other day and he’s losing all his hair. Oh! And …READ MORE
I thought I knew what it was to be a woman…
I thought that I understood passion and desire.
And then I met Peter
He changed me on a very basic, but profound, level.
He taught me to believe and to dream.
He’s ruined me for all other men. FOREVER.
For my part, I’ve memorized all 700ish of his blog posts. I sleep with his book under my pillow. And I’ve created a paper-mâché version of Peter that I occasionally dance with at night.
Peter is all that is good and wonderful in the world.
But of all the things …READ MORE
Things that really pissed me off in 2008 by Mr. 5280 5. George Bush. The absolute best thing he did all year was dodge two shoes that were thrown at him during a press conference. He showed cat-like reflexes to dodge the shoe thrower and this single act alone probably saved him from the number one spot.
4. Adam Sandler, “Don’t Mess With the Zohan”. I sent Adam an email after this movie, begging him to STOP IT. His brilliance in “Waterboy”,”Happy Gilmore” and “Billy Madison,” is going to be overshadowed by these mediocre cinematic flops. He used to bring …READ MORE
Ten Six Things That ROCKED this Holiday Season
1. Quality family time. Even though we play the most competitive board games ever (Risk anyone?) and I got completely schooled, it was still fun. You know, once I was back on speaking terms with my mom. Sure, she may have brought me into the world, but was it completely necessary to dismantle my entire strategy to take over North America in ONE TURN? NO. The answer is NO IT WAS NOT.
2. Time with friends. The friends who are still friends with you despite *2003. The friends who know what …READ MORE
Five Things I refuse to apologize for
1. My wit. And my modesty. And any lame attempt at a joke that has failed like me in a high school calculus class.
2. Wearing Uggs. I get it. People think they are unattractive. But seriously, who can show me a winter boot that IS fashionable? And one that I can put on in roughly 0.24 seconds? (Which? Is pretty high on the list of requirements for my winter footwear when I have to run outside and laugh hysterically at deal with children who have decided to lick metal playground equipment). …READ MORE
You know, I never really considered myself a competitive person. Don’t get me wrong, I liked winning- I liked the ability to gloat at the expense of someone else and to make others feel small and inferior, but if I lost? I was usually okay with that. I shrugged off defeat with grace and kindness, genuinely congratulating the other person on their success. I was a rare hybrid- eager to make fun of you if I won, but gracious if I lost.
And then… something changed.
Lately, I’ve been betting on everything. I’m not kidding here folks, there’s been 20 …READ MORE