So last week I went on a little ‘vacation‘. I use that word loosely because to me, vacations conjure up images of slushy drinks, tropical locales and steamy, late night samba sessions with dark haired men. I went with my mom to visit my grandfather. See? The word ‘vacation’ seems wrong. Especially when I compare it to past summer vacations. With all of that said however, it was still a ridiculously fun time and minus getting carsick on the way home (because I’m apparently 8 years old) and an unfortunate half a mile walk in the mud without shoes- it …READ MORE
Finish this sentence:
Need some help? Here are some of mine:
… going to a concert you don’t want to go to because you know the other person NEEDS to see matchbox twenty so badly that they will be in physical pain if they don’t experience the caress of Rob Thomas’ voice live.
… watching reality television when you’d rather put your arm in a meat slicer.
… saying your sorry when you mean it and following up your apology with a ordered in pizza home made dinner.
… checking each other for lice.
Happy early Valentines internet! …READ MORE
I suffer from self-inflicted and immense pressure to write something MEMORABLE! and THOUGHTFUL! and FUNNY! when it’s the first post of the new year. And after the excessive champagne and 7-11 hot dog consumption of this past holiday season, I don’t really have the ‘oomph’ in me to write something like that. I’m slowly learning that 7-11 meat products are not good for me. Or my soul. Knowing I had nothing interesting to say, I asked some of my all-time favourite bloggers to reflect on and write up their own best/worst lists of 2008.
So, throughout the month of January, …READ MORE
Ten Six Things That ROCKED this Holiday Season
1. Quality family time. Even though we play the most competitive board games ever (Risk anyone?) and I got completely schooled, it was still fun. You know, once I was back on speaking terms with my mom. Sure, she may have brought me into the world, but was it completely necessary to dismantle my entire strategy to take over North America in ONE TURN? NO. The answer is NO IT WAS NOT.
2. Time with friends. The friends who are still friends with you despite *2003. The friends who know what …READ MORE
So, many of you know Lisa who is a) a gem b) the founder of 20SB. You know she’s a big deal because she’s first name only- Lisa. She’s the new Dooce. Trust. Anyway, Lisa let me in on this fun idea called Blog Carnival where you get a topic and write on it and then they get shared. And this months topic involved Presents! And a list! Two of my favourite things (Also? The day that there’s a topic that involves presents, lists AND Josh Lyman, I may pee my pants with excitement. Internet, you have been warned), so …READ MORE
Finish this sentence:
This year for Christmas, I really want: _________________________ .
Five Things I refuse to apologize for
1. My wit. And my modesty. And any lame attempt at a joke that has failed like me in a high school calculus class.
2. Wearing Uggs. I get it. People think they are unattractive. But seriously, who can show me a winter boot that IS fashionable? And one that I can put on in roughly 0.24 seconds? (Which? Is pretty high on the list of requirements for my winter footwear when I have to run outside and laugh hysterically at deal with children who have decided to lick metal playground equipment). …READ MORE
There’s sort of a big event happening on Tuesday that a lot of people are talking about. I may have even talked about it a few times, might have even casually shared a few views on what I thought. But, I need a day without discussing the topic that shall not be named. Because if I talk about it today, there’s a chance I may turn into someone as crazy as he who shall not be named.
1. I’m getting tired of the lady at Starbucks verbally abusing me. Okay, maybe that’s a stretch- she’s not like, calling me …READ MORE
I’m searching to find the laugh inside me right now. After writing yesterdays post where I started off discussing my WORST MORNING EVER, I awoke this morning with the smell of dog vomit in my nostrils.
I’m dog sitting right now and it would appear that my 4 legged sidekick is fighting some sort of gastrointestinal bug. Because the entire house that I’m living in while I watch this dog, was covered with both vomit and diarrhea at 4 am this morning. COVERED. As in, there was so much expelled waste everywhere, I have to assume she didn’t do this on …READ MORE