I found this while doing the kind of lazy, uninterrupted online perusing you can only do when you have approximately 873 things to do on your to-do list. I was going to tie this into Earth Day and baby polar bears drowning and the fact that Edward Norton is so smoking hot as an ambassador for the planet that he’s probably a leading contributor to global warming. But in the end I thought I would say that I just liked this. Because isn’t it exactly how you feel when you fall?
I’ve always appreciated the fact that …READ MORE
So a friend and I were discussing sports and he casually mentioned that some football player signed a $100 million dollar contract.
And then my head exploded.
After the grey matter was wiped off the wall, I proceeded to rant, rave and foam at the mouth like a girl with a wild case of rabies at the ridiculousness of ANYONE getting paid $100 million dollars to do ANYTHING.
Of course, my friend disagreed. He explained that football players have unique skills, they have a job that doesn’t allow them to play for many years (those pesky head injuries), they must …READ MORE
I cannot decide which is more disturbing:
1. That despite not watching the season, I found myself transfixed while watching season finale of The Bachelor tonight. And I may have watched the whole second hour while standing on the couch, mouth open, spewing such a hateful and curse riddled tirade that a sailor would have blushed. And wept for his mom. And peed his pants.
2. I just admitted to spending two hours of my life watching THE BACHELOR. TWO HOURS. I could have written an epic haiku in that amount of time. Or upped my calcium intake with a …READ MORE
November 2006- Start my blog. On a whim. Because I’m killing time before going on a date. My first post talks about how bloggers are pretentious (no really, it does) and how I’m scared no one is going to read my blog. And then, because I’m afraid no one WILL read my blog, I attach my blog url to my email so every “real life” friend will have access to it. (I later refer to this “Blogging Mistake #1“).
November 2006- December 2006= No one reads my blog and I do not understand why. Doesn’t the internet know I exist?
The last of the best/worst of 2008. The genius of this list is that it’s not really date specific, these Boo Boo’s will still drive me (and I suspect Nilsa, the lovely author of this list) bonkers in 2009. Enjoy and have a good weekend!
TOP 5 WORST BLOGGING BOO BOOS by Nilsa
1) Blogs Without Feeds or Partial Feeds. Seriously, this is still allowed? Because I do all my blog reading from my reader. So, if I can’t follow you there, in all likelihood, I’m not following you at all! Even throwing me a bone of a few lines …READ MORE
So like every other human alive, I dig free stuff. I also dig books. So when I got an email a few months ago from this woman offering me a free book if I reviewed it, I said yes. Absolutely. And if you lived closer lady? I would want to buy you dinner for your troubles.
See how thoughtful I am?
Anyway, the day my book arrived- “You lost him at hello“, I did a little happy dance. This is exactly the kind of book I’d never have bought, but would be secretly curious about. (Sidenote: Any authors out there? …READ MORE
Five Things I refuse to apologize for
1. My wit. And my modesty. And any lame attempt at a joke that has failed like me in a high school calculus class.
2. Wearing Uggs. I get it. People think they are unattractive. But seriously, who can show me a winter boot that IS fashionable? And one that I can put on in roughly 0.24 seconds? (Which? Is pretty high on the list of requirements for my winter footwear when I have to run outside and laugh hysterically at deal with children who have decided to lick metal playground equipment). …READ MORE
Sometimes people leave comments on past posts. Comments that deserve to be shared, comments that I’m afraid that most people never get a chance to read. I got this comment from Kit (I don’t have a url to connect to him) left on my Musts post and I thought it was worth sharing- it made me all swoony (so swoony in fact, I shared it with Brookem 2.4 seconds after I originally read it). It’s a comment that makes me hopeful, that reminds me that there is great power and therapy in writing, it reminds me that there should be …READ MORE