The last of the best/worst of 2008. The genius of this list is that it’s not really date specific, these Boo Boo’s will still drive me (and I suspect Nilsa, the lovely author of this list) bonkers in 2009. Enjoy and have a good weekend!
TOP 5 WORST BLOGGING BOO BOOS by Nilsa
1) Blogs Without Feeds or Partial Feeds. Seriously, this is still allowed? Because I do all my blog reading from my reader. So, if I can’t follow you there, in all likelihood, I’m not following you at all! Even throwing me a bone of a few lines …READ MORE
There are moments when I know what I want to say but really struggle for the right words. You would laugh if you saw me- mumbling to myself as I drive to work, as I fold laundry, as I lay in bed. I envision it would be easier to rip out my heart and put it on my screen, but besides the fact that it would be insanely messy- I don’t think it would be enough. And so, in these moments I turn to the one device a blogger can use when she feels like she has a lot to …READ MORE
My top 5 Internet/viral videos of 2008 by the awesome JustRun
1) Randy Pausch’s Last Lecture (Technically it was 2007, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t think about and watch portions of this all year. I don’t think I’ll ever forget it.)
2) Barack Obama on election night (I would fill up your blog with too many words if I explained why I chose this. I was, am, and hope to continue to be motivated by a politician and President that will talk to me as if I’m intelligent enough to understand sophisticated ideas about this country …READ MORE
Things that really pissed me off in 2008 by Mr. 5280 5. George Bush. The absolute best thing he did all year was dodge two shoes that were thrown at him during a press conference. He showed cat-like reflexes to dodge the shoe thrower and this single act alone probably saved him from the number one spot.
4. Adam Sandler, “Don’t Mess With the Zohan”. I sent Adam an email after this movie, begging him to STOP IT. His brilliance in “Waterboy”,”Happy Gilmore” and “Billy Madison,” is going to be overshadowed by these mediocre cinematic flops. He used to bring …READ MORE
If there’s one thing I love about the ending of a year, it’s the excuse to buy 3 new dresses for new years year end questionnaires that everyone does. This year, I decided to join the masses and fill out the one I found here. Not only did it let me reflect on the year, it also let me practice my page linking abilities. AND THAT’S ALWAYS FUN.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Lost sleep over the New Hampshire primary. Taught my own class. Recited Shakespeare to the masses. Hid in a classroom …READ MORE
You know, I never really considered myself a competitive person. Don’t get me wrong, I liked winning- I liked the ability to gloat at the expense of someone else and to make others feel small and inferior, but if I lost? I was usually okay with that. I shrugged off defeat with grace and kindness, genuinely congratulating the other person on their success. I was a rare hybrid- eager to make fun of you if I won, but gracious if I lost.
And then… something changed.
Lately, I’ve been betting on everything. I’m not kidding here folks, there’s been 20 …READ MORE
So…. I need a hobby.
You see, for the last year and a half the Presidential election was my hobby. I spent quality time with Joe and Chris and Chucky T. Wolf and Anderson and Donna. Keith and Rachel. There was poll watching and primary concerns, then later scandals and smears to disprove and then an electoral map to study with the intense gaze of a jewelers eye. There may have even been a time when I created my own electoral map.
Let’s just take a minute to bow to that kind of *dorkiness, shall we?
Okay, moving on.
But …READ MORE
There are moments where I feel like I really am teaching. Surprisingly, they don’t happen often. Between the morning routines, the review, the paint spills, recess time, field trips, class presentations, if I catch a single glimpse of a child experiencing an ‘ah-ha!’ learning moment in a day, I feel lucky.
I got up this morning to teach one of my favorite groups of kids. A grade two class of eighteen very unique students who often make me laugh out loud. It was the block before lunch when one of my favorites came up to me and in a very …READ MORE
That’s about all I can say right now.
You may be election obsessed if….
1. Not only do you know who Chuck Todd is, you are starting to find him strangely attractive.
2. You know why Colorado, Virgina and Nevada are suddenly more important than Florida and Ohio.
3. You refer to surrogates by only their first name and act annoyed if people don’t know who you are talking about.
4. Tom Brokaw is the narrator of all your dreams.
5. The number 270 means one thing to you and it’s not your high score in Scrabble.
6. You get emails from Joe Biden, tweets from (fake) Sarah …READ MORE