My wish for you:
“I hope you will have a wonderful year, that you’ll dream dangerously and outrageously, that you’ll make something that didn’t exist before you made it, that you will be loved and that you will be liked, and that you will have people to love and to like in return. And, most importantly (because I think there should be more kindness and more wisdom in the world right now), that you will, when you need to be, be wise, and that you will always be kind.” ―Neil Gaiman
I know the best people on the internet. These are my favourite tweets of the entire year. Drumroll please……
- “Can’t walk when I’m this angry.”- @HonestToddler
- “You’re just a feeling.”- @PreschoolGems
- “After Cinderella’s carriage turned back into a pumpkin, it was turned into 10,000 pumpkin spice lattes so everyone was fuckin’ thrilled.” – @AngryBFlay
- “I’m learning to drop my fear of being earnest. We’ve been taught to mock earnestness, but it’s truly a lovely thing.”- @schmutzie
” ‘Razbliuto’ is a Russian word to describe that empty feeling you have for someone you once loved, …READ MORE
There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.
1. I love the above image and the message it gives. Because seriously, who hasn’t been there? The second the choice is given to someone else, or you know a coin- you gain the clarity you need to realize what you wanted all along. High-five, Universe. And yes, that’s as deep as I’m going to get on Sunday morning.
2. Stomach bug + vacation time = FINALLY WATCHING “ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT”. I KNOW. I KNOW. It’s like, someone just introduced me to what humor is. I just finished the first season and am alternating between thinking I …READ MORE
Overcoming first day back after vacation jitters, taming my wild hair, explaining what a galaxy is to 8 year olds, reminding myself that taking medication doesn’t mean I’m failing, declaring war on an ancient photocopier with a love of eating important documents, writing a speech to the bride that sums up 12 years of friendship, teaching 12 year olds how to solve for X and going through “Arrested Development” withdrawal.
Those are my current battles, what are yours?
(Also I updated my blogroll- check out my “links” tab! It’s still a work in progress but …READ MORE
1. When I go to Starbucks, I become irrationally worried that I’m going to forget my order. I will spend the entire time stuck in the drive thru saying my order on repeat. But attempting to say it casually as well, so I don’t come off as a *robot. (Because yes, that’s a serious concern I have- people mistaking me for a robot). “Venti, non-fat, no whip, white hot chocolate, Venti, non-fat, no whip, white hot chocolate. Why yes, it IS cold out today. Oh you like my hair? Thank you! What would I like? Oh that’s easy, Venti, non-fat, …READ MORE
You know, I get it. Me giving marriage advice is like, Tara Reid giving tips on sobriety. Or Kanye West give lessons on modesty. Or Jenna Jameson talking about the virtues of virginity.
I think I just compared myself to a porn star.
Let’s just move along.
As many of you know, the always lovely Renee is getting married. What you may not know is that she’s been my secret idol since she she met Chelsea Clinton and I may or may not have volunteered my life (more than once) to getting her into public office (Renee, not Chelsea). She’s …READ MORE