1. Turning down that guy that everyone loved but you.
2. Surviving junior high.
3. Owning your dance moves.
4. Being kind.
5. Your relationship with your parents. It may not be perfect, it may be the farthest thing from perfect but it’s yours. And whether you are still working on making your relationship better, there was a point that you tried to make it better and that is brave.
6. No longer feeling ashamed of your hair in high school. It was the style!
7. Voting in the last election.
8. Knowing all the words to the rap song …READ MORE
If you don’t know me or haven’t followed my blog, you may not know this about me:
I was once very angry. Not outwardly angry- not slash your tires angry or kick the wall with your boots on angry. I wasn’t even punch a pillow angry. I was anger turned inward- a soul crushing sort of inner angry that manifested itself through debilitating depression that left me unable to get out of bed and at times, suicidal.
Well that was one hell of an opener. (I promise, it gets more light hearted…).
The hows and whys of how one gets …READ MORE
So let’s get to the most important part of this post first.
Am I the only one in love with Jeff and Jordan?
Okay, that took me over an hour to get that picture up there. Because I got sucked into spoiler websites and NOW I KNOW WHO WINS POV THIS WEEK. NOOOOOOOOOO. It’s like unwrapping your Christmas presents before Christmas. You WANT to know, but you don’t really want to know. Sigh. I need someone to take the internet away from me.
But back to my favourite people on television. These two are …READ MORE
I am aware that there’s a little something called “Post Secret” and it’s amazing. I am still wading through my inbox (and why yes, I am aware that one of the most interesting things to read is someone writing about how full their inbox is), and I found this ditty that had got placed in my spam folder.
So here is todays The Secret Project submission. By someone “too lazy” to mail it to Post Secret. (Their words not mine!). I thought it was beautifully said and of course, had to share it. Not only …READ MORE
1. When I go to Starbucks, I become irrationally worried that I’m going to forget my order. I will spend the entire time stuck in the drive thru saying my order on repeat. But attempting to say it casually as well, so I don’t come off as a *robot. (Because yes, that’s a serious concern I have- people mistaking me for a robot). “Venti, non-fat, no whip, white hot chocolate, Venti, non-fat, no whip, white hot chocolate. Why yes, it IS cold out today. Oh you like my hair? Thank you! What would I like? Oh that’s easy, Venti, non-fat, …READ MORE
I know. I knoooooooooow. We are only 12 days into the new year and already I’m going to bust my enlightened self all on your ass. But you know, I’ve had entire years where the total learning experiences has culminated in learning: 1. The darker the liquor the more likely you are going to want to stab yourself the next morning 2. When your stack of jeans is almost taller of you, it’s time to stop buying 3. Using your student loan to buy jeans will result in you wanting to stab yourself for 5 years after you graduate.
All …READ MORE
Hello internet! So, it’s the last day of 2009, and I thought I’d lighten the mood.
A few weeks ago, the ‘hot awesome dude’ (aka: H.A.D) decided he wanted to share with the internet things I taught him in 2009. I was overjoyed with this idea. Of cooourse I wanted a list that showcased how life changing and awesome I am. Instead, he decided that he should cull allll the ridiculous things I said in 2009 and make them into a little list for him to re-read and giggle over like a school girl asked to prom. (He’s going to …READ MORE
I know people who don’t understand blogging. Some of them, happen to be my favourite people in the world. Sure, they get the idea of sharing your thoughts, but many of my dearest and closest friends struggle to understand what a blogging community is and why it’s something I adore. I mention blogging or 20sb in casual conversations and I can see them trying to fully grasp the importance of this world to me but I know the connection hasn’t been made.
To be fair, I’ve never been really good at explaining why I do adore the community and the …READ MORE
I was feeling listy. It was either this or “Ten Swear Words I Said Today Before 9 am“- I really was going to go with that one but three of them made me blush, that’s why I’m going with this. And before anyone complains, yes- I feel that blogging for almost three years (*holey cheese!) makes me a certified expert on blogging even if I a) don’t own my own domain b) have yet to make single dollar off my blog (but I have got a lot of free stuff?) c) have a nervous breakdown every time I try and …READ MORE